View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #1860
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I hate to see an old barn go down, but mother nature forced this one. She was trying to push it down herself. You just gained a big footprint of ground

My comment was tongue & cheek. I guess old paint cans are called hazardous waste in all states. I just find it ironic that the remains of a can are hazardous waste while full cans line the shelves at stores and there is nothing to stop a 6 year old from buying a can. I'm saying they sure use the term hazardous waste loosely. I wasn't sure what the status was for old paint cans but I had heard of a real stringent and "forward moving" local county landfill that tears open trash bags to see if any paint cans are in and rejects those. I figure they like to see them tossed on the side of the road. I've always tossed them in my curbside garbage container and never had a problem. I see people put sawdust in to absorb the fluid.

Here's my peeve. If they are so concerned about excess paint being hazardous waste, then why has it gotten to where buying two quarts costs about what a gallon does? It used to take three, quarts went up. So now, for economics it makes more sense to buy the gallon if you 'might' need to get into the third qt. Environmentally, that has created an excess of waste paint, a lot of half gallons (or more) get tossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Oh wow Leon!

Growing up in NY, I saw a lot of beautiful old barns collapse from snow loads.

That barn was MASSIVE!

Yes, big barn. That Derecho (wind storm) that went through ruined a lot of old barns around here. Now I have a lot more yard to mow...

We are supposed to have 50-70 mile an hour winds again tomorrow. I need to batten down the hatches.... Bummer

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote