View Single Post
Old 12-28-2021, 06:00 AM   #1905
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Not but a few brief flurries about a month ago here, so far. These storms coming across are bringing rain chances at some point of each day this week. It will come, but not yet anyway.
The mid-Atlantic can be an odd place for weather. Truly an "If you don't like the weather today, wait till tomorrow" kind of place. We can get warm moist air drifting up from the Gulf of Mexico, we can get what the weathermen call an Alberta Clipper, not to mention the polar vortex events in more recent years. We get eastern air currents the drift marine air into us where it is damp and cool for days, much like the NW coast. We get nor'easters where the eastern air flow combines with a northwestern cold front and that is the recipe for our largest snows. Also get big snows if a NW cold front mixes in with and overpowers a gulf air flow. Sometimes the gulf air flow overpowers a weaker NW front and it might just sleet or freezing rain. We truly get it all when it comes to precip. It seems to happen a lot where we get our driest crisp and coldest air and clear skies for days, only to have the gulf air warm it up and rain. I hate that about here. I'd rather have snow than 40-degree rain.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote