View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #1944
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Wet snow does the same thing, especially when there are still leaves, or on evergreens. Early season (when leaves could still be on) is when it happens most, too. Hurrican Sandy was the freakiest of all. It was October, so leaves were still on. She came up the east coast offshore, then turned inland on New Jersey and continued due west along the Mason-Dixon line into the mountains where she mixed with a cold front and it snowed to beat h.e.double l! Leaves were still on the trees and there was enormous damage. What powerlines falling trees and limbs didn't take down came down when the powerline poles snapped off in a long series. They had no power for a really long time. It was colder than it ever gets that time of year and people were stuck in rescue shelters, including my mom. Hurricanes are really bad "tropical storms" and this one turned freezing cold months ahead of schedule. Here it is a bit over one day till January and I saw a couple riding in a Miata with the top down. I think It's supposed to be 60* tomorrow. But it will be in the 30s Monday with snow. You really have to follow the weather or you could get caught with your pants down

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote