View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #1945
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
I made New Mexico red chili sauce from scratch to make a breakfast skillet for my family. Damn that chili is good. If you have to ask what red chili sauce is or why there’s no beans, it’s impossible for you to understand what you are missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
It's funny I just made red chili sauce for Quesadilla's. Being in New Mexico I'm sure that you get better Chile's than I can around here.

Washed them down with some "Permanent Waves' beer form Chapman Brewing. Co. A little pricey but good stuff if you can find it. Got no complaints and some clean plates.

I always try to make salsa, chili, and BBQ sauce from scratch. It's just better.
You guys care to share some recipes? Please PM . I'm not a bad cook and I like doing it alright. Kinda have to since I'm single ya know. But I also like to cook for the ladies. I am lacking in the home made sauce category and would like to change that. Same thing with seasonings. I have tons of great sauces, marinades, and seasoning packets, but I need to get past store bought to feel I'm an actual cook.

Here's what I did not on my truck yesterday after work. I've been digging out my cellar and this beam has footers under two posts that I wanted to shore up. So I grabbed left over materials and built these forms, mixed concrete, and filled (one of them)
Name:  DSCN0046.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  35.6 KB
Name:  DSCN0047.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  36.1 KB
Name:  DSCN0048.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  39.4 KB

I stripped the form today and haven't put the picture on my 'puter yet. I'll add it in shortly. Could have been nicer if I vibrated it. Got some honeycomb, but it's just in the ole cellar anyway. I did some bull work at my job and was about worn out by then
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-31-2021 at 06:34 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote