View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #1960
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

You have a nice one. I guess clutter is inevitable with our sort. Got parts?

I am moving my 12 x 20 barn w/upper floor. It had a mixture of things, including my bigger/heavier truck stuff, like engines, transmissions, and transfer cases and it all needed cleared out. First time that building has been cleared out in 32 years when I built it! I stuffed a lot of things in my screen house, which is up the hill across the yard. I wasn't about to move engines and such up there, so I built a temporary shelter using screws and bolts, for easy disassembly later, on the slab in front of the building. Now that is cluttered. Last night in the dark I kicked over the coffee can I've been setting my oil funnel in to drip all these years. I searched all over for the bucket of oil dry. I knew exactly where it was for over 30 years. The slab is sloped, so... time was of the essences. Finally found it in the far back corner stuffed under an engine on a stand. Had to move things to get even close, reached way back and down barely able to flip the lid off, but no way was it coming out of there. I ran around and found a paint cup to scoop it out and spread. A frantic time for sure. Of course, it is spread right in the path to my tool chest.

Here's the outside. I thought I had an inside picture on the 'puter. I'll grab one and stick it here later

Here it is
Name:  DSCN0050.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  53.8 KB
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-02-2022 at 06:15 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote