View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 01:44 PM   #1967
LT7A

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You have a nice one. I guess clutter is inevitable with our sort. Got parts?

I am moving my 12 x 20 barn w/upper floor. It had a mixture of things, including my bigger/heavier truck stuff, like engines, transmissions, and transfer cases and it all needed cleared out. First time that building has been cleared out in 32 years when I built it! I stuffed a lot of things in my screen house, which is up the hill across the yard. I wasn't about to move engines and such up there, so I built a temporary shelter using screws and bolts, for easy disassembly later, on the slab in front of the building. Now that is cluttered. Last night in the dark I kicked over the coffee can I've been setting my oil funnel in to drip all these years. I searched all over for the bucket of oil dry. I knew exactly where it was for over 30 years. The slab is sloped, so... time was of the essences. Finally found it in the far back corner stuffed under an engine on a stand. Had to move things to get even close, reached way back and down barely able to flip the lid off, but no way was it coming out of there. I ran around and found a paint cup to scoop it out and spread. A frantic time for sure. Of course, it is spread right in the path to my tool chest.

Here's the outside. I thought I had an inside picture on the 'puter. I'll grab one and stick it here later

Here it is
Attachment 2155331
I'd never heard of a screen house before, but it makes sense. If it's not putting too much information out there, it would be interesting to see a layout of the buildings on your property. I think it's cool with all of the specific use buildings and all of the detail that you put into your work. None of my business, so, no obligation. Just interest on my part. My background and my work have me helping people personally and professionally to decide what to do where they live. So I pay close attention when a person has professional skills and is applying them to their home and you have taken on a big challenge of tying together buildings of different uses built at different times. I've been following along and if seems that every 5 posts on this thread, that another building pops up ; ) so I got curious about the layout.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote