View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #1972
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I'd never heard of a screen house before, but it makes sense. If it's not putting too much information out there, it would be interesting to see a layout of the buildings on your property. I think it's cool with all of the specific use buildings and all of the detail that you put into your work. None of my business, so, no obligation. Just interest on my part. My background and my work have me helping people personally and professionally to decide what to do where they live. So I pay close attention when a person has professional skills and is applying them to their home and you have taken on a big challenge of tying together buildings of different uses built at different times. I've been following along and if seems that every 5 posts on this thread, that another building pops up ; ) so I got curious about the layout.
Hey, no problem. I also call it a picnic house. I was inspired by "pond houses" I have seen people build at their ponds. It's really just a detached screen porch. I built it 10'W x 14'L and have (well, not right now) an 8' picnic table in there. I made it look a bit like a spring house, which old places would have before refrigeration, but usually were stone with more wall than open. I built it with walls 1/3 the length on the NW end to help shelter against storms. I stapled screen to the tops of the joists, so it truly is bug-proof. That's the idea, a picnic table with no bugs, out of the sun, and out of the rain. Last picture is feasting on crabs in there with my mon, niece, and her boyfriend shown talking to a vagrant we took in . There is enough room for a cahir at either end. I believe there had just been a thinderstorm.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-04-2022 at 10:02 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote