View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 08:05 AM   #5401
jmarkha1

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Morning mate,

Thank you.

Yes, last day of leave today, and if I can get back a d drill the snapped bolt, replace it and drop the front end today. Perfect.

If I can copy that wooden support today as well (unlikely) that would be a Bonus.

Tell me more about your wooden garage.

My buddy Craig up in Shropshire has to build a rather large garage once he has,raised and roofed the stables.

He is torn between pole barn/wood and brick for the garage and shop.

It will be large enough to take 4 cars once done.

Feel free to post pics if you want, of your structure, along with warnings etc.
The garage is located at the front of the house - its probably 40 years old, 32x24 so big enough for 4 cars plus a workbench but due to the location (lots of trees) it has suffered from rot.
Overall I like the garage but will probably rebuild it with some changes:
thicker concrete base so I can use a lift, possibly oak posts and block infills with timber cladding. But the most important change will be to use a small dwarf brick wall to get the timber off the ground.
One side of the garage which is slightly clearer has no rot - a shame really.

I completely removed one major vertical support and have replaced with treated timber and new oak floor plates on damp proof membrane.
It only needs to last up to 2yrs to allow me to renovate the house plus somewhere to store my C10 and work on it under cover - such an upgrade from the carport!

The electrics were dangerous so a new consumer unit and double socket - just a temporary solution for safe use of tools plus some LED work-lights - loving it...
Attached Images