View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 09:07 PM   #2080
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Tim your house is so cool.

But it's so clean. Aren't you a single guy? When I was single my house looked like it. Dirty laundry and beer cans all over.

When I first met my wife I took off work early to go clean it up because I didn't want her to think I was such a slob. False advertising I know. But it worked. She said what a nice place, and all I could think was "You should have seen it this afternoon'.
I did the same thing to take pictures :lol:. It's not all that clean. And dusty? I'm not a partying kid anymore (much), my son has been out of town (he's not as neat as me), I hustled to straighten up to have family at Christmas, and now I'm trying to keep it that way. Actually keep looking at more things to clean and going ahead with it. Things I have walked past for years!. This place is the dust palace. Also fixing or finishing things on the house, so generally more motivated the more I get done. Things like this little countertop project. Been thinking about it for years

See the electrical switch and outlet by the microwave? I had an electrician wire the kitchen in the '80s and he did that halfass crap. Same thing over by the sink. Always hated that crooked mess. I painted the kitchen last year, never put the plates back on because I want to change all that to be one double box with an oak combination cover, to match the rest of the kitchen. I have to cut out a piece of tongue & groove to fix each one. I ordered the switch/recept plates the other day and dropped off the Multimaster (saw) to be repaired last week (finally). I can't wait to get it back so I can finally fix that mess!

Here is where the microwave was, taking up a lot of that space, and the messed up electric boxes
Name:  DSCN0027 (3).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  31.6 KB
The other messed up electric boxes
Name:  DSCN0016.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  34.6 KB
And the microwave in it's new place. I wasn't up for finishing the rack for the cutting board tonight
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-20-2022 at 09:24 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote