Thread: Gen V engines
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 10:59 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Gen V engines

I am a little confused about the factory computers on these. Are the easily tuned or are they pretty locked down. So that I need to have it fixed to run a custom tune?

Or is the Holley Terminator Max X a better option at the price point now since it comes all in. Versus having to by HP tuners, and having the computer unlocked? Plus what ever you may need on the factory computer.

Also I have been watching alot of Richard Holdner since I have to let my knee relax instead of doing stuff in the garage. He got 514 hp out of a L83 with a cam, and intake change. Plus more out of a 6.2 so this leads to the second question here.

What is the potential of the LV3 4.3? My guess is 425-440hp based on the 6.2 videos. I like to do things differently sometimes, and this hit my hp goals so I can put the 350LT1 in my Camaro where I want it.

I know it will be a custom cam, but they are not to bad if the cores are available.

I know it will sound like hell so I would have to run quite exhaust otherwise madness will ensue. This engine is also lite weight so I can keep my manual steering so that helps. Plus the engine is often times alot cheaper then its V8 brethren.

Can you hard face a roller cam or weld onto it more material to increase lift or duration. Or can you go big enough by regrinding a stock cam, and then use longer pushrods?
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote