View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 09:59 PM   #5
catch2otwo

Re: Loweing c30 crew cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puglia10 View Post
Just purchased a 1979 Crew cab dually. (Pics soon)
Its mostly all original. Trying to keep it that way, just lowered with wheels. A nice driver.

I'd like to lower it as much as possible (and still be driveable) and use 22" milled semi wheels.

Western chassis has a 6/8 drop which is coils, spinfles, and a flip kit in the rear. This seems to be the way to go, unless anyone objects?
Only thing I've noticed is these drops seem a little nose-high.
Is there a way to raise the rear up a little if that is the case? Or, lower the front some more...I assume just cut out 1/2 a coil or so?

Can't wait to tear into it a bit! Thanks for any help.

Is there a specific dually section? Didn't see one so let me know if I missed it.
Im running the traditional 5/7 drop. Its a 3in drop spindle 2in drop spring in the front, and a flip kit in the rear. Pretty standard issue parts.

Regarding the notch, I agree with ^^. I wasn't willing to use a bolt in not I still use it to pull trailers etc. I used Low boy motorsports weld in under bed notch. Like stated above, you have to add material you cut out. His notch kit does that and it also adds enough material to box the c notch part.

I am also running his rear shock relocators. This allows you to use the factory shock. Makes for easier parts sourcing down the road.

TLDR: running a standard 5/7 drop with a weld in underbed notch. Wheels and tires are milled 22s.
catch2otwo is offline   Reply With Quote