Thread: 1950 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 05:34 AM   #29
russ3825

Re: 1950 Build

Sorry its been a few days but I have been working on the truck. I ran into several issues with the crossmember. Long story short, I should have went with a weld in crossmember. It was overall a good unit, just some issues with manufacturing would be my guess. The first issue was the inner boxing plates, they were missing the assembly hole in the front so I had to add that. The second issue was the holes that bolt from the frame to crossmember were way off, so I had to drill those out and add some washers on the backside of the bolts. So after several attempts and cus words, it still wouldn't fit. This brings me to the next issue, The flange where the crossmember slides against the inner boxing plates had a 3/16 inch overhang on each side. This created an issue with everything lining up as well. I removed the radiator crossmember again to try and get everything to fit with no luck. After some research, I realized that the 3/16 overhang was the issue so I ground it off. With the flange flush, everything finally fit perfect. I have a few more holes to drill then I can start bolting up the front suspension. Hopefully some of the pictures below will help explain what I had to deal with.
russ3825 is offline   Reply With Quote