View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 01:01 AM   #11
3757chevy

Re: March 2022 ToTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
For our March 2022 Truck of the Month (ToTM) contest the theme is

Humungousaur

In case you are challenged, this means BIG BLOCK power. To compete in this month’s contest, you will need to meet the following criteria: [LIST][*]Open to all years and models of Trucks, Blazers, Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons, and Jimmys.[*]It must be powered by a gasoline powered GM Big Blocks. This not only includes our loveable Chevy big block, but those by Caddy, Olds, Buick, and Pontiac.![*]The nominee must be a board member and the current owner of the truck.[*]The must be together and able to move on its own power.[*]If a truck was selected as a 2021 or 2022 ToTM winner then you are ineligible. If the truck was nominated but not selected as a ToTM winner then it may be nominated and compete in this month's category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm seeing more than big blocks here. When you are talking GM and big block you are talking Chevy big block V8, 366 to 454 and bigger versions of that block. The Chevy and V8 are assumed. The other GM engines came in one block size/different cubic inches, including the GMC V6. These other engines are big compared to a small block (need I even say V8?), but only came in one size block. There is no small block in comparison, built at the same time. The terms "small block" and "big block" exist because there are two block size families to differentiate between, BBC and SBC.
Bill said it in the OP "This not only includes our loveable Chevy big block, but those by Caddy, Olds, Buick, and Pontiac.!" But you make a point about other GM being Small displacement BIG blocks. I'm waiting for an Olds powered square body Or a Buick powered ?
MIKE