Thread: Joke Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 11:58 PM   #1278
LT7A

Re: Joke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I reviewed the post in question, as well as a few pages back. I honestly find it funny that the mask post caused so much upset. I am a woman, have had blonde hair, am a mom too... I could report half this thread for being offensive. It's not, its humor. Folks need to find more of it in their daily lives. Smile ya'll... keep reporting things that are rule violations, that is truly appreciated. I am just saying life is to short to be offended by everything. Scroll on my friends.
This response stuck in my head and I wondered why. Setting aside that you said you found it funny, I can illuminate what you are referring to as "being offended". Being offended has to do with crude joking or questionable innuendos - something that goes against someone's ideals or sense of propriety. Much different than that, many see masking as one of the few things that can be done to protect the people around them, and by doing that, protect the people close to them. IF and I'll reiterate IF, someone was intentionally trying to make fun of how someone was trying to protect the people they care about, it would not be seen as offensive, it would run much deeper than that...

Hopefully that helps you see why some people took the time to report it and why I asked what the intended humor was.

Last edited by LT7A; 02-24-2022 at 12:17 AM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote