View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 03:19 AM   #81
tallic68

Re: 68 longbed 5.3/4l60e

Well. I’ve been out of it for a while. After painting her. I got burnt out and just drove her. She was my daily driver till about 2 years ago when I promoted and had to start commuting around 200 miles to work. Bought a commuter car and she sat in the garage since. We now have a 5 year old boy and with buckets we can’t all go anywhere. Played with the idea of selling her and getting a nova wagon or something that we all could ride in. But as I wrote up the description for Craig’s list and called some friends about her. I just couldn’t do it. And got the bug again.

Since then I have,
Ordered Dakota digital HDX (June eta)
TMI delux bench seat (April eta)
Installed tre5 tailgate kit on a new tailgate and Derlin truinions, trique door latches, changed out all lights to united pacific LEDs, carpet on the lower door panels, new mirror heads, wiper arms and heads, antenna, ss drip molding, cab paint divider. New window cranks and door handles. Auto city classic door glass and vent window assemblies. Precision door and belt line weather striping. Knock sensors. 5.3 engine badges. Auto wire classic update kit (not installed yet).

I really wanted to change it up a bit and play with paint scheme. After wet sanding the whole truck cause since I painted her she has never been stored in a garage. I got a “what the heak” attitude and vinyl wrapped her in dark forest metallic green.

I’m also in the process of installing mar-k lower body moldings.

My plan from here out is QA1 tubular coil over kit all around, CPP big brakes front and rear with the x10 spindles. Rack and pinion and hydra boost. Stage 2 cam and some rambler us mag 20s.

Putting her in her first real show next month at good guys Scottsdale.

More to come.

Thanks to everyone here that has helped me back then and now. And thanks to this forum for motivation and inspiration.
Attached Images

tallic68 is offline   Reply With Quote