Thread: 55.2-59 subframe question
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 10:40 AM   #54
dsraven

Re: subframe question

ok, maybe just me but, I can't get my head around how you would splice the frames under the cab somewhere and still have the ride height you want, at something close to stock for trailer towing. if the newer frame is dropped down in the middle are you talking about a splice that involves one frame sitting on top of the other frame? that would keep your cab mounts where they need to be but really you could just use the complete frame from the newer truck, build new cab mounts to space the cab off the frame to where it needs to be, and shorten the rear section for where your axle centerline needs to be.
or, buy some rectangular steel lengths and build your own frame using dimensions from the assembly manual and the upfitters frame drawings. kinda like what lil tow rat has done, even if you just built the front section so it has a good long overlapping section for strength but then comes together and up to accomodate the front end of choice.
maybe a quick drawing posted would help us help you figure it out or come up with ideas you can use.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote