View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 08:49 PM   #157
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Pulled both rears and got them blasted. Did them one at a time. Pulled the Dana 1st. Got it epoxy primes and some chassis black on everything. Replaced the spring bushings with all new ones. Got it all reassembled this morning. Removed the 12 bolt right after that. Had to break out the 1" impact again. Glad I was replacing the U bolts anyway. Snapped 2 out of 4. She just don't know her own strength. Got the engine and transfer case cross members bolted back in with new grade 8 bolts. Used the black Phosphate flanged head bolts so I did not have to worry with painting them. Could not find them in 9/16" for the leaf springs so had to get yellow chromate bolts for them. Ran out of daylight so I will prime & paint the 12 bolt in the morning. Once I get that back in I can install the gas tank & finish running the brake & gas lines. I am going to wait to do the brake work on the axles after I mount the body back on the frame so I can use the lift. Will post some pics tomorrow. Gonna grab a shower, got sand from *sshole to shoe sole as pops would say.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote