View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #7
Rusty one

Re: Exhaust routing with a Dropmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
My buddy's engine was a mild 350 & they used 2.25" tubing. A local muffler shop welded it up so it definitely can be done.

Is your welder dead or are you having issues laying consistent beads? If it's still able to pulse/tack, route the set-up & tack the pieces together. Then take it to the muffler shop & let them weld it up.

If the welder is completely dead, you can build small sections to get the routing you need using some strong masking tape to hold the 45°/90° bends together. Take them to the muffler shop & get them tacked. Go back to the truck & verify things are still good. Make corrections as needed. Repeat the effort section by section & it can be built. This is how I've built the exhaust set-ups I've done.

Once the layout is all tacked together, it can be finished welded back @ the muffler shop.
It's dead...unfortunately I only have one car and the wife uses it to go to work every day.
I tried going to different shops a few years ago when I did another system...most don't wanna take the time to help.
I appreciate your response.
Hopefully someone has pics so I can show these shops...yes it can be done!
Rusty one is offline   Reply With Quote