View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 08:32 AM   #2591
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Did you sweat today? I did for the first time since last year. Not ready for that much heat yet. Firewood is a cold weather sport

What I did was observe how well the carpenter bee traps I made a couple years ago are working. I got them up just before they appeared. The first year I made them they went up after those bastaads were busy. Worked but only got a few. Last year they went up earlier but after they appeared. I swear, this year I put them up, just on Monday, and then there they were yesterday. They really work. Today, out of the 6 I have two with one, one with two, and one with more than I can tell. Looks like 4 or 5. None yesterday, but in just one day they did this!
Attachment 2185391

I put chili powder in those holes. Mwah hah hah! Here is the most successful one
Not really most strenuous part is getting on and off the FEL. Did get a little sunburnt though.

I have a couple of those traps dont use them though. I dont get many carpenter bees though lots of honey bees specially when the Rhododendrons are blooming .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote