View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 09:20 AM   #167
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

I also mentioned earlier that i bought new Dorman 2.5" ramhorn manifolds. I bought some 2000 degree paint for them and decided to go ahead and get that done. I have an old oven here I use for small powder coating projects and figured I would bake these per the can directions. Holy hell the smoke on the 2nd and 3rd baking would kill ya if you don't have good ventilation. In the end they came out looking nice, guess time will tell if it actually was worth doing.
I also got in touch with my paint supplier to see if they can still cross reference my old Martin Senour paint code over to Nason single stage urethane so i can do some lower and cowl touch up. If that is a bust I will contact my sign paint supplier to see if they can. My sign paint is already a satin finish so that would help with matching up this old original paint.

Plan for today is finish up the front metal work, get the heater core box refinished with all new gaskets. The existing heater core looks to be in great shape and I am not a fan of the aluminum replacements so since I can't find an oem replacement at the moment I am just going to leave this one for now. The two places I know have the oem cores are both back ordered with no eta. I asked Wes at Classic Heartbeat to let me know when he gets them back in stock.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote