View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 01:13 PM   #175
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

I learned a new word today....perseverance... But I will be glad when the mechanical side of this thing is over with. I only ended up pulling this thing back apart what seemed like a million times before I got the shift rails to go back together correctly then 3 more times to get one set of gears back in correctly then 4 times to get the thrust washers to stay in place while I set the center gear set and middle shaft back in place. I used up all my cuss words yesterday so today was nice and calm. waiting on some primer to dry for the metal tag and locking clip for the center shaft so I can get it buttoned up and hopefully hanging back on the transmission.

EDIT: One thing is for sure. IF you have never done one of these (heck even if you have) take PLENTY of pictures before and during the breakdown. If I had not done that, even with the books I just bought, I don't think I ever would have gotten it back together. Thankfully I took plenty of pics before I removed something and right after I removed it for every step. Saved them all to the computer and ended up printing a lot of them out to lay on the table during assembly. Also don't leave it torn apart for weeks before trying to get it back together. Make sure you have everything ready to go.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.

Last edited by richard2717; 04-30-2022 at 06:11 PM.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote