View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 06:58 AM   #2709
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I'm best at making a mess. Cooking, I'm still learning.

I worked with a friend I don't see too often. Well, that's everyone. But Pat is a friend I've loosely kept up with most of my life and he lives around here. His dad's place, where he grew up, is not far from here and that's where Pat's shop is. I met him there for work. After work he showed me the latest addition to his car collection, a '47 Dodge Fluid Drive Coupe. All original with a nice cosmetic restoration, paint, interior, re-chromed. He has been finishing the restoration with getting everything working. It hadn't been run in 6 months and we got it running. Then he asked if I wanted to run down to visit his dad (big farm). That car is so smooth! Anyway, the big deal with all this is I haven't visited with his dad in years. I've known the family since I was quite young. His dad is 105 1/2 years old, born 1916! He can't hear too well, but he got everything I was saying. He can't see too well, blind in one eye and not so good on the other eye. He did remember me. In fact, he has a very clear mind yet. I felt privileged to be in the company of someone so old. Someone I have known a long line (in my short life). He is so fortunate to be able to stay in his house, which is a very beautiful setting in the middle of the farm, no houses or roads in sight. He has family tending to him and they hired someone to stay overnight at this point

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote