View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 11:58 AM   #2714
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Yep, 105. And our conversation kept going back to him seeing a lot of changes. He remembers when radio came out!

That Fluid Drive was a hydraulic coupler that used something like 10w oil. Basically a torque convertor. In case you guys don't remember, it drove like a 3spd column shift. But when you'd come to a stop you didn't have to push in the clutch. But you would still be in the same gear when pulling off, so you still had to shift into 1st. No parking gear, only the emergency brake. I wish I had gotten a picture. The woman had it painted a metallic brownish gold. The interior is a light brown. Just The chrome is of course brand new looking and the stainless was polished. Pat found an oil bath air filter at Hershey and a nice set of hubcaps. It's very sharp looking. He hasn't driven it anywhere but into town once a couple miles. I want to get him to take it to a show so I can ride along. He has been fixing all the little things. Still no radio or fuel gauge. He bought another sending unit for the gauge and hopes that will do the trick. He has over 300 hrs into it so far.

It's close to this color, but ever so shiny. 1" whitewalls (kind of wrong for the car) with black wheels, hubcaps, and beauty rings. The hub caps are like baby moons with Dodge across them in red. He detailed the Fluid Drive stamped into the front bumper red
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote