View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 03:32 AM   #885
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
You're going to have this thing ready to enjoy a beautiful hot British summer. Enjoying your build, ingenuity, and sense of humor.
Thank you very much CG.

I appreciate you taking time to post up a reply.

There are obviously people looking in, as the post count keeps changing.

And yes, being patient and a sense of humour helps.

This car fights you every step of the way.

It was summarised well be a chap on RetroRides

The progress on the Rocket is outstanding.

I check in every couple of days and there are usually two pages added to the thread, shows how popular it is!

was thinking that you're building a kit car, but instead of starting from scratch with a big Airfix kit and a base car, you're using one that someone else started decades ago, left to rust for years, then restarted by yourself (& Nick) using a different base car and no instructions, very difficult indeed, hats off to you both for the speed with which the car is moving forward.

Been thinking inside the box again.

The plan all along was to fit an inline tap or control valve in the heater hose from the engine.

BUT…….

Then I started wondering, would it really make any difference if the coolant just circulated through the heater matrix permanently

And if one used the blower to push air through it onto your feet only when you wanted hot air to circulate there.

That way, you never interfere with the circulating volume or thermostat where it passes by.

Do keep in mind, this is a good weather, open topped, and essentially no doors, car.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote