View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 04:51 AM   #889
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Lots of yard work this time of year.

But tried out the side panels.

Looks like they will be good once bolted down.

Plan with the heater pipes was to just do a straight and return system.

Until the last screw on the matrix, along with its hollow clamp started to fight me.

After more than an hour of fighting it, destroying the Philips head screw, finding and cutting down a new one and still failing, I walked away.

One little screw.

Hopefully today when Nick is here, and I have a spare set of hands, to align the pipe, hold it in place and screw the screw in once the mini clamp is in place, I will be able to tick the heater off the master list.

Seriously.

Between us, Nick and I were never 100% happy with the original position of the radiator and the cooling fan was a problem to fit.

So yesterday he dismantled the fan, its frame etc, and with some spacers, grinding and magic, got to move it all 25mm closer to the radiator, yet retaining the frame.

Creating new brackets, welded onto the ARB mounting plates gave us enough space, and a new, horizontally mounted radiator that also benefits from maximum exposure.

The original top mount brackets I made, have been modified and hold it in place, without any tension or torsion.

I will do some final weld up and tidying where the edit has happened.

Looking a whole lot better from the front now.

The radiator hoses all need replacing as the reroute and new position is different to the low, flat MX5 design.

Coffee, then headed out.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote