View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 03:48 AM   #891
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Sunday was a “slow” day.

Morning spent in the garden with some jobs that needed doing.

A lot of stuff still to do as plants do not stop growing just because I am having fun or not, in the garage.

Filling in the pie cuts in the top brackets, painting them, Hammerite painting a few grinds and welds on the chassis all takes time.

Once bolted in (again) the wiring to the headlights, side lights laid out.

Radiator hoses in the new position are all being replaced with new, easy bents and straight runs.

Another overdue job was to make up the final solid legs for the passenger seat, which is mounted slightly higher than my drivers side (long torso, short 29” legs)

Recessed, captive nuts and a foot to spread the load both ends.

The rear one in fact more of a reverse “C” to use the body mount, thus leaving space for the new roll bar mounting footplate to sit with sufficient space to work with once I get back to that and weld new mounting plates to the chassis.

Yup, still not done welding.

So getting it in position and tacking the top and bottom plates in place meant an interesting technique to say the least.

But all good and done.

Nick was not happy with my welds and whisked it away when I went to make some coffee and added more weld to it 😁

I guess we both do this, checking and editing each others work at times to maximise things like strength and aesthetics on the build.

Happy family.

Pic taken for a nosey lady friend in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Nick carried on with more small jobs, and there are a ton of them, fitting the correct tensile bolts to the steering shaft, checking brake lines, spacing the front grille, which will be getting another edit next weekend to allow easy fitting of the hood/bonnet.
Amazing how much stuff you end up doing 2,3,4,5 times.
Only a car builder will understand.

How many times has it been up and down, how many times have the wheels been on and off…….

Too many questions.

Late day job as we ran out of jobs to do.

The CAD filler panel for the grille and radiator, both to deflect air over the radiator and to fill that ugly hole looking into the engine

Light spray of black paint to blend it in a bit.

That works.

And front view.

Despite what seems an age, and it has taken some time, these jobs are all part of the bigger picture.

I need to get over to Car Builder Solutions this week to buy all the needed hoses, bends and connectors for the cooling system

Just need to find some time to get to it all.

Thanks for checking in and keeping a vigilant eye on us.

Thanks for all the comments and advice as well.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote