View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 04:08 AM   #943
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Saturday at Craigs.

Weirdly slow, but busy.

We prepped the American mail box mounting that had to wait this long until the gate post was repaired, two large trucks had managed to hit it last year.

And weirdly, in the old mailbox were all these address change documents from DVLA. Seems a few more came before.

Who needs this many V5c documents.

Craig does.

After this we headed into Whitchurch for a few hours.

I needed a few things, including a small gift and a card for Sally, turns out that I needed a bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey to celebrate the Queens Platinum Jubilee with.

Saw a few older cars, some lovely British vintage stuff.

Including this mechanically fully restored Land Rover, a double mailbox with patriotic crocheted cover and a lovely large cast iron drain cover. Foot added for perspective of size.

Back home we unloaded the 8 foot concrete posts and carried them around to where the reclaimed/recycled greenhouse would ho.

A bit of digging and levelling to get the foundation work sorted.

Lunch on the job was curried beef mince on rice, on site and a cuppe later.

Then I spent an hour cleaning it all up.

While I was doing this, Craig burned and cleared a load of his hedges where the previous owner had for years just dumped all cuttings and garden waste.

It took a few hours but made a huge difference to the fences and underhedge spaces.

Much better.

Glass next.

After the greenhouse, I got the super long extension put and got my personal hedge trimmer from the car.

Then went up to the rear and side boundaries and hard cut the hawthorn horse paddock hedges back.

They have not been cut since last year and needed a good meter or 3 foot cut back.

Once done and cleared up, it looked a whole lot tidier too.

We decided to shut shop by 6.00pm and relax with the Queens Jubilee etc.

Dinner was pretty much unsurpassed.

Meatballs in Tiger bread baguette rolls, followed by another bowl of trifle.

Overnight rain set in, so the planned bootfair today was shelved.

Watching the rain is rather enjoyable too.

Headed home, down South Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote