View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 10:26 AM   #2870
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Not today, but Thursday I paid my electric bill. Yes I sure did. I walk around to my driveway and there's a Potomac Edison pickup in my driveway and I see a guy. He was dropping off a nasty note prior to cut-off. Middle of the month is when it's due. I felt surprised but more concerned about hurrying up to pay. I guess I'm riding a month behind, so cut-off to cut-off?

I call to pay and am only asked the amount I always pay (avg pmnts), nothing about past due amount. I call back to check balance, which didn't register my payment yet, and was told balance was amount I just paid and it is due 6/24. Now I'm really scratching my head. The guy had stuck the notice in my door, then grabbed it and handed it to me. I didn't see an acct# on it. I go look it over again and that's when I saw it was for my neighbors behind me!

That's great for me, I sure got paid up quick. But pretty awkward now. I decided to be a chicken about it. I waited till Dad and Meemah left for work yesterday, snuck up on the porch, and stuck the notice in the door. I know nut'ing!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote