View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 01:20 PM   #246
JJH Jimmy

Re: Budget Build 1985 K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowrun View Post
So now that you are getting close to the finish line on your budget build what are your plans for it? Is is a keeper? Street cruiser? Dune cruiser?

I ask, because your workmanship, attention to detail, and the quality of this build far exceeds most high dollar, frame off, nut and bolt, etc. restorations. So while I think you went into this with a "budget" mentality, your need to have things done the right way won over and now you have a very nice, desirable, and valuable truck.

So once you're done, what is your plan for it?
Wow! Thanks for the compliments! The name of this build is kind of a joke at this point. It may be a budget build for some but not for me. Like any of my projects they snow ball into doing way more than originally anticipated. I have also learned that when you have sunk this much time and money into something i don't want to have any regrets when it is done. As the old saying goes "buy once cry once". I think it is a keeper unless somebody offers me something insane for it. I plan on driving the wheels off it and using it as a truck to get lumber at the yard to hauling my tractor to my hunting property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Looks great Josh. Good call on the 3M tape. Same stuff that holds the door trim on my Denali pick up. If the car manufactures use it you know it will hold up.

Your getting close. I need to shoot over there soon to check it out.

BTW my friend enjoyed the spot you left him at the Vicksburg car show.

Marc
Thanks Marc! I wish i could have stayed longer at Vicksburg but am glad i got at least a couple hours at the show. Stop by any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Is the early 50s something truck your next one? Looks cool as it sits now. This one is very close to being done. Glad you're going to put in the old the door panels, etc. while you wait for the replacements so that you can get out and drive it. Perfect time to enjoy that truck. Thanks for the tip on soapy water vs. foaming glass cleaner. I will be taking my time on the installation of the windshield and so having something that doesn't evaporate away quickly will help.
Yea, the 51 is my next project. I have owned it since i was 15. The plan is a patina build with bags and LS engine. But it is going to have to wait a little while. My wife has a list of home improvement projects that's piling up.
2021 GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4

My "It's a Jimmy Thing" Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=583528
Budget Build 1985 K20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=801565
JJH Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote