View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 11:41 PM   #128
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nice fit. Truck is getting better all the time
The heavy lifting is mostly done for the truck. Refining things now for sure. Looking for a Warn 8274 winch for nothing more than a project to cleanup and refurbish and have the old-school look. I plan on ordering one of the winch bumpers from Engineered Vintage when they come out to complete the look. They look like a better version of the old Warn winch bumper in a box they used to sell. Most likely way stronger too. I do have some Bushwacker cutout flares inbound to address my issue with the tires and the fenders fighting for the same space off road. I will not lift it any higher to gain clearance so cutting is the way to go. The flares will work to make the cuts clean and covered up.

The rear bumper will get a new can rack on a swing-out like the tire carrier. Then providing I've cleared room in the garage I can get into the improvements to the camper. It's really in need of the canvas to be replaced and I really need to reskin the exterior. The beer-can thick exterior has had holes poked in it from rowdy trees when off-road.

Not sure what I'm going to use but it will be much more resiliant that what was originally installed.

Other than that the plan is to use it a LOT this summer. I leave for the desert trip with Larry Sunday. A week off road in nowhere Utah. Back to work for a week and then a weekend gig with my sister and her husband in Winter Park to help them with an arts/craft show. Probably a couple of mountain runs in later July/August and then back to Utah in September for Blazer Bash in Moab.

I know some guys love the build process, and I do too. But I like using it a whole lot more.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote