View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: Chrome Simulators

Not real heavy.

I had the chrome Budds on that '70 C/30 for that exact reason, period correct. It was the '80s and I still wanted (still do) the '70s vibe. When I was done with that truck I sold it to the guy down the road not far. It sat here for a year or two and I didn't keep up with the chrome, the wheels and the mirrors I had done. That fool tore the truck down and never put it back together, which is his specialty. That was mid '90s. Fast forward and this guy had bought a '71 C/30 wrecker that he put those chrome Budds on. Forward about five more years and I bought that truck. I got my wheels back!

The red paint was faded like your Baja Bug, the truck had a visor from the '70s, GM bedrails, and the aged looking chrome Budds really fit the "Was a nice truck in the '70s" look. The one rear wheel had the chrome really gone. I tried to find another and never had any luck. Nothing new and used I never found.

this was a job close by I took it to for one last time after it had been sitting. Notice the rusty chrome on the mirror and rotted rocker
Name:  70 Custom Camper 30.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  63.7 KB
Same wheels years later. I removed the Kmart mirrors and put small westcoasts on. The kind with yellow chevrons.
Name:  71 wrecker.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  56.9 KB

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-27-2022 at 07:48 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote