View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 01:50 AM   #2890
dieseldawg142

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

seeing how i got a new job today and was feeling good, we finally bought the kid a vehicle. ya i know been goin' on the last 2 months about it, but a good deal came up that was too hard to pass up.
no, it's not a truck (maybe later...) but a '91 firebird.
the 2 things that impressed me most was how original this thing is, hasn't been butchered or modified at all (older gentleman owned it) and everything works, and yes even the lights pop up and down perfectly. and we got all the orig and any other work paperwork for it- a complete history of the car.
has 102 000 miles, very minimal rust bubbles around one of the wheelwells and a couple issues need to be fixed. needs hatch struts, the old ones don't hold the hatch up, outer window seals are shot and the turn signal/wiper switch needs work or just a whole new stalk. wipers and lights all work, but it won't click off hi-beams.
it's got the 3.1 with the auto overdrive so it's not bad on fuel. we drove it about 60 miles home and the gas gauge only went down 2 hash marks.
and ya, when i was testing it on the way home, it can light up the tires more easily than i thought. was weird my teenage son giving me hay for spinning the tires
overall it seems pretty solid and drives beautiful, no shakes or shimmies on the freeway, tracks strait, nothing abnormal or weird
i figure it was worth the $3700 we paid for it.
just got it home at 10pm and the kid is already online showing it to his buddy's. he wants to put a set of cragar 5 spokes on it.
i think it will work well as his first car ever
Name:  IMG_9848.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  60.6 KBName:  IMG_9850 (2).jpg
Views: 218
Size:  62.4 KBName:  IMG_9856 (2).jpg
Views: 217
Size:  39.5 KBName:  IMG_9852.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  36.3 KBName:  IMG_9849.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  62.7 KB