View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 07:43 AM   #2899
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Looks like that freaky double post gremlin is at it again!

I love Cragar S/Ss a lot, too. I'm just showing my age and I guess personality. By the time those cars came out I had already been a solid truck nut and the only cars I liked were '72-back, but for a few exceptions. I see Cragar S/Ss as right for the time period vehicles I mentioned. But I don't expect everyone to see things the same as I do. People are drag racing those cars and Cragars fit in there just fine. I like the look of that red one and realize for a teenager this is an awesome car. If there are any teenagers driving a '72 or earlier Firebird they were probably born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love my county in many ways! Here is what I have already done today. Still half asleep, at 5 am I hear a loud sound. My son comes upstairs and asks if I heard it. He said there was a truck in the front and a dog or deer laying there. By the time we got out there the truck had left. It's a pregnant doe and she must have died about instantly. It's going to be quite hot today and I don't have a good way to remove the doe to where she won't be stinking somebody out. So right at 7 I call my county roads office. The gal was really nice and she said they'd be out today. Good, right? Nope!

Here's the complication. My road is the county line. Rather than maintain each individual side of the road, the counties have an agreement where the two mile stretch between two roads of the other county gets maintained/serviced by the county across the road from me. So I get a call-back, no can do. She gave me the other county's number.

This is why I love my county. It seems to be a hole surrounded by way forward moving into the future counties. I guess you could say we are backwards, which seems to be a good thing these days.

I call that number and instead of a sweet woman answering ready to help, I get a 5 minute long recording, first telling me they open at 7am. Good to know, it is now 7:25. I'm given all the options and choose the number I need. I get a recording! I have left a message, it's been a half hour and no call back. Gotta go make another call. I wonder how many messages I'll have to leave on this wonderful new yet ineffective way of conducting business.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-15-2022 at 01:26 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote