View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #2908
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I know this guy through my buddy and have hung out with him. A few years ago his neighbor put his small farm up for sale and Mark bought it. It's an old place, log house, mortise & tenon barn, summer kitchen, and all. A tree fell on the summer kitchen, shifted it on it's foundation, and gave the building a decent lean. He hired a crane to remove the tree and it sprung back a little. This is an insurance job and the contractor that repaired the roof damage on his house told him this building would be a knock down/build new thing. He's not having that. He knows I do historic, creative, and/or challenging jobs and have saved a carriage house that had an 18" lean and a twist to it. That thing wanted to be laying on the ground and I brought 'er back. I'll save a structure if at all possible and that's what the owner wants.
I got up there, looked at that summer kitchen, multi-function switch replaced, and finished my heater control conversion. Then it was grill burgers and drink beer.

This poor old building. Mark had plans to fix it up and use it as a summer kitchen and I'm going to make that possible. It's ruff but I'll see it through. He grilled the burgers on the porch of it, yet. Plans are for a brick pizza oven, griddle, grille, whatever. He even has a N.O.S farm sink and faucet. It is an old plumbing supply house display
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote