View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #2911
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I went out to get the VIN for my Bug It wasn't there. But there was a lot of dust. And I mean a LOT!. That car's been sitting in the desert for decades. So I sprayed some cleaner in the area where the VIN was supposed to be and what do you know. There it was. I also found the VIN in front but my old peepers can't read it. But I think I have enough for the DMV. We shall see.
I looked it up. My car was built in March of 1963.

I wrestled the rear bumper out of the back of the car which was a struggle. Like wrestling a fat chick over the last slice of pizza but I got it out.

I also found the rear license plate. The car was last registered in January 1983.
Almost 40 years ago. The old Bug's been sleeping a loooong time. But I now have a set of the original black license plates for the car.

I have it parked by my side fence which was a mistake because my neighbor likes to talk and he caught me and I got his life story for about the 15th time. That was an hour extra.

While we were out there a guy was honking. I guess that he didn't want to get out of his car because I had my dog. I asked him what he wanted.

"Do you want to sell that VW?' He smiled.

I politely turned him down. He seemed like a nice fella.

Here's a pic of the bumper. I didn't put it on because I'm going to pull the motor once I get the tags.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote