View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 11:30 AM   #1
McLovin

1965 Suburban Trailer Hitch Curt 14082

Okay, at the risk of looking dumb, I wanted to show you all what I did for a trailer hitch and see what you all think. It is a Curt 14082. Without a weight distrubution hitch it is rated at 1,000 lb tongue weight and 10,000 lbs tow rating.

I never plan to tow 10k lbs with my half ton suburban. I do have an 18ft car trailer that is rated at 7500 lbs that I do plan to tow from time to time hauling cars around. I am going to add air bags to the rear so it does not squat...

The hitch is the correct width. In order to get it to sit level I had to use some spacers that were provided with the hitch. I then used big half inch washers to fill the gaps as the frame slopes in the location I ended up mounting it. In order to line up the front of the receiver hitch with the bumper I had to slide the whole hitch back on the frame where the frame slopes downward.

Check out the pictures and let me know what you think. I won't be offended if you think I did a crappy job. I welcome all constructive criticism. My biggest concern is do you think it will hold up to towing 7500 lbs with how I set it up?
Attached Images

McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote