View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #554
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

even with the ceiling difficulty, i was still able to get it painted! i am officially done with the white. it's not perfect, but it's more than good enough for me and this build. there are still some places you can see scratches from the original paint, or places you can see slight texture differences from heavier/lighter coats of paint, etc. but for the VAST majority of the "issues", you'd have to know what's up and be looking for it. nothing jumps out at ya.

something else i did with the white was try and spray up under the dash as much as possible. i figure the more white i can get up there, there brighter and easier it will be to work under there later. it's patchy and looks like over spray in places, but should be better than modeled rust for contrast. when i do the black though, to clean up the edges, i'll most likely have to start with the mini touch-up gun again.

a little more cure time and i can tape it all off for the floor lizard skin and everything getting the flat black top coat.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote