View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 10:41 AM   #7
mr.mud1

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The one on the right?

I haven't put wheel locks on anything in over 40 years. I came to realize my vehicles are never at risk enough to justify the disadvantages. I've had different issues from different locks that I had the key for. The worst kind were the actual cut key type that locks a smooth shield over the nut that just spins free of the nut itself. Plus, there are only so many keys of any type. Way less variations than ignition/door lock keys. Anyone who is stealthy enough to come out here to steal my wheels would have the keys

A new set of tires, a battery, and fresh gas oughta do it for this truck
you're right on the money.i have some cars,my wife too with nice wheels and not a wheel lock in sight.before i retired from CAA(AAA in the states) i went to help a lady with a brand new VW convertible and a flat tire.i commented on the nice wheels and no wheel locks?she said that's right,i'll never have them again so i asked why.she said the VW was new,her previous car,a Honda Prelude was written off,all because the wheel thieves were around,saw the lock nuts and knew the socket to get them off,was in the car in all likelyhood.they broke in destroyed the door lock,door handle and damaged the door then just for a kicks i guess,destroyed the inside of the car looking for the lock socket,found it and stole the wheels anyway.the estimate to repair the car and all the new interior,was more than the car was worth?she wasn't a fan of lock nuts any longer.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote