View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 10:12 PM   #2946
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Busted my ass on the Yamaha got it 90% back together . This was the down and dirty fix cost all of $30 if I were to have done it by the book the motor would have had to come out and the cases split and new trans output shaft installed. Would have been 300 to $400 in parts .

I put the universal in the chest freezer overnight and warmed up the yokes before installation . Made it super easy to install

I got the rear tire installed let me tell you it ain’t easy lifting it up and getting the driveshaft to line up all by yourself. It’s all one unit going in differential rim tire driveshaft . I got it in and had to take it out again as I couldn’t get the brake caliper in .
You paid in sweat equity today, I bet. It sure felt hot down here today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
As long as she doesn't overload it, that ceiling pantry is a great idea. I'm assuming the door to her cellar is off the kitchen or close by. Hey, it even means you get a couple stairs worth of exercise when you go to get your canned goods. Bonus!
I designed/engineered it to be able to hold the 8 cans across that will fit. All the trim, not just the shelves, is screwed on. Her water is heated by the oil furnace, so the stone cellar is anything but damp. I don't expect the wood to bow.

here it is 100% done now. The linoleum is a remnant from when her grandmother lived there. That was the kitchen floor and it was on the shelf at the bottom of the stairs. I had to remove it, so I made a wall panel with it to see it better. She was happy with that
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-13-2022 at 10:17 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote