View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 06:22 AM   #2949
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Thanks for the compliments. She's very happy with it. Let me tell you, I enjoyed doing it, but was good and ready to get out of there. Just an awkward place to work. Need the plank, plank in the way, remove plank to get behind the door, plank too high so had to sit on it, Plank too low so need 2' step ladder, move ladder out of my way to get through door...

There was no light in that staircase, but the basement ceiling light switch was right there. I offered to give a light over the door, only 3 - 4' from switch and I was paneling over the plaster anyway. Turns out, the way the wiring was done, I had to pull power from down across the cellar ceiling from off of the other light

this staircase is fairly close to the kitchen. The kitchen is in the added on part of this mid-1800s farm house. It's all one room with the den/sitting room/family room. The stairway door is behind this other shelving project I did for here a while back. The beam is in place of a wall that was removed in the '70s. The shelf area was just paneled over.
Name:  DSCN0098.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  52.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
You do good work Tim. I wish you were around here. Forget about all that BS about taxes and all that other stuff.

It's all sunshine and rainbows around here. And I have a bridge that I can sell you...Cheap.

I didn't do anything today. It was 105 degrees. Screw that. Well I guess I did do something. I ran up my electric bill cranking up the air conditioning. And I paid a kid to wash my Porsche.
yo momma dint raise no foo'

That's exactly how I look at CA, especially since I'm not living there. Living there was a dream I grew up with and that influenced my life. Just the land, the sea, the sky, and yes, EVEN the people (some, right?) are all I look at and it's a great place. I have to shut out what I don't like to enjoy life in general. Judging a place only by what you hear in the news or politics is like judging a state by what you see from the interstate. Take a backroad if you want to know that place for real. I have people say all the time, "I didn't know Maryland had mountains". I think we have everything but tundra and desert on this postage stamp state. They call it America In Miniature. Few people who live here know the whole state very well. Back here people think the whole state of CA is landslides, wildfires, and earthquakes

I've always been a cool old car and truck nut, since a kid. That and surfing had California luring me. All the old stuff running around in the '70s was sensory overload. I always wanted to go back to stay but would find a woman that kept me here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-15-2022 at 01:39 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote