View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 04:53 PM   #2
nikwho

Re: LS1 brakes on Ford 9"?

I put this under suspension, as it is part of my coilover/4-link suspension upgrade. Though, it is perhaps more of a drive train question. I don't think that there is a brake specific section.

To provide a bit more pertinent information, my '59 currently has a 10 bolt rear axle out of a '79 Camaro. That is the axle that I did the "LS1" brake conversion on. I'm quite happy with my current brake setup. Recently replaced my booster, master cylinder, proportioning valeve, all lines, added a line lock and Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve on the rear brakes. New cross drilled and slotted rotors on all four corners, along with new calipers and nice brake pads. It took me a while to get it all dialed in. I'd greatly prefer to leave brakes as is, and go from the current GM 8.5" 10 bolt axle, to the new Currie Enterprises 9" housing. It's got new chro-moly axles, drilled to Chevy lug pattern, an Eaton posi unit, and 3.55:1 ring and pinion. I need to measure the axle ends to verify which 9" ends the axle has. The LS1 brake swap included the mechanical drum parking vrakes inside of the rotors, which I have yet to hook up, but intend to. I really want the parking brake, as I plan on swapping to a T-56 six speed next. The truck currently has a TH-350 in it.