View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 08:42 AM   #3048
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Piled up some logs at my friends farm . Have to drag about 20 more out like this hard to judge in the picture but they are about 14’ long some are longer. Going to buck and split where they lay next week got to red of moving logs two times prior to splitting .
I hear that. And you have the loader set-up on the trailer to make doing it that way easier. Nice to have that option when working it where it lays isn't an option.

This gal had her place logged a couple/few years ago and all the tops are laying. I'm going to be gathering all I can of that.

I'm working on her bedroom ceiling. Years ago her dad put paneling and 4x4s up to hold the saggy plaster up. She didn't want to get into tearing all that out, so I ran bolts up through the 4x4s at the ceiling joists, screwed firring strips up to same, and put 3/8" beaded wood paneling up. Then trimmed the 4x4s with 1x and used 1/4 round around the ceiling. Yesterday I made fake 1/2 beams at either end. The 1x6 all the way around was there from the prior work. I also moved the light to center between beams. It was centered in the room and the center beam was crowded to it.

Ready for caulk & final paint
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-04-2022 at 08:49 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote