Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #941
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BLAZE View Post
Glad to see you back at it. Been doing the monsoon dehydration weight loss program in the garage myself
Thanks. Isn't the monsoon season fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Progress is looking good. I looked for details on what tank you used, but there are a lot of posts to go through! I learned it is a 16gal unit, but not sure what the OE application was for. Look like a mid 60's mustang tank. What tank is it exactly? Looks like it might be a good option for my '65.
Thanks. I have a '64 mustang tank and it's 16 gal. I don't know where you are at as far as gauges go but I ordered a fuel gauge that matches the sending unit.

Today I continue with the differential change. I have removed everything that I needed to. The inner pinion bearing race was the only real problem getting removed. 56 years is a long time. I thoroughly cleaned the insides of the case and inspected for any damage. Looked real good so assembly could continue. the pinion races were pressed in. I have set the pinion gear distance with shims and I am ready to install the pinion gear permanently.
First today is getting the inner pinion bearing pressed on and then continue with assembly.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote