View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #5
crazyjeenyus

Re: Heavy Hauler Diff swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
Why not just get a late model Eaton 15k/17k rear axle? Plenty of gear ratio options and you can use standard 10 lug bolt pattern wheels, and it'll still be a real truck. Not a wimpy 1 ton

Edit: it took me several days/weeks of searching for part numbers, cross reference superceded part numbers etc to find all the brake/rebuild parts for my 67 c50. It's hard but it can be done!
I'll be swapping a ZF6 overdrive transmission this winter after I move in my new house. Keep an eye out for that thread
Thanks for the info. I look forward to it. I see you’ve got a 292 in your c50. That’s what I’m planning on running in mine. It started out pretty greasy and had a burnt exhaust valve. We’ve got the rebuilt shortblock together and are now working on the head. Plan is to lump port for improved flow. I’ve got true silv-o-lite flat tops (that survived from the early 80’s) and a comp 280h cam. I’ve been waiting for several years now for one of Tom Lowe’s PES high rise intake manifolds. Good luck on the move and the tranny swap.
Attached Images