View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 11:09 PM   #16
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

I just want to document a few things. I need to come up with a few more parts to get painted hot rod black along with the gas tank mounts. I've had a few things put away for this exact occasion. I'm dropping off these parts off tomorrow.

Part of what I had nickel plated was the brake assembly. I used my original for this. I disassembled it and stripped the rust. After nickel plating, it needs to have the factory black painted on the arm.

Next is the emergency brake assembly. My original wasn't in good enough shape to keep. The arm was bent in two direction and was a little weak from straightening. I found and NOS assembly a few years back on EBAY. In order to nickel plate, it needed stripped too. After plating, now the arm needs painted factory black too.

The last thing I will be taking are the wiper transmission arms. My originals were in terrible shape. I found a really nice used one and an NOS. I disassembled both of them and then the raw metal to be nickel plated. Before I reassemble, the transmission arms will need to be painted black.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote