Thread: 55.2-59 Wheel/tire pics
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #12
mr48chev

Re: Wheel/tire pics

Everyone is different when it comes to what their concept of a rough ride is. My wife fusses at every bump in my BMW with 17inch wheels as she did in my old Cad DTS but will ride all day in the 71 3/4 ton or 77 dualie without comment. With the heavy bed and hoist the 77 wallows down the road as much as it drives but she never complains about bumps in it.

The real issue might be that the bigger the wheel and the lower profile of the tire the larger the chance that you will damage a wheel by hitting a pothole or object is no matter how careful you are. I've seen more than one guy back at the tire store with a bent 18 or 20 within a day or two of when he bought it. Saw a kid in Wichata Ks leave a tire store in the old town area on July 4 in his donked out Caprice and three blocks later he was sitting on the side of the street with a destroyed rim and tire and a very sick look as I have to belive the pair set him back at least 1000.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote