View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
rockman20
"The dude abides"

What kind of a post was that? Cummins are nice, but the 6.2L is a damn good engine that deserves more respect then it has gotten. Dad's got a 83 GMC Conversion van with the 6.2L in it. It started its first 78,000 miles as a tow vehicle. Towing a fully enclosed race car trailer with car, tires, tools, etc, and his buddies in his crew in the van. Since then dad has had it and has used it to tow around his tandem axle trailer and hauled everything from cars to moving me and my sisters about 500 times! The van now sits with 150,000 miles on it. Around 130,000 he finally replaced the injectors and pump for the first time. Engine still has lots of power, and still pulls strong. It is getting harder to start when cold, but with the miles, I don't think it is too bad.

(Now don't throw back something like the Cummins in a semi that sees nothing but highway miles. Yea they get more miles on them, but much less city time)

Don't get me wrong. Cummins a good engine. Just not worth trashing a 6.2 on someone else's thread. Besides, the fact of knowing that he did it all himself is worth it, in my opinion.

1993 Chevy Silverado C3500 1 ton dually
1994 Honda Civic
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S
1953 IH Farmall Super M
New to the fleet:
1992 Subaru Loyal
rockman20 is offline   Reply With Quote