Thread: 55.2-59 Wheel/tire pics
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 02:09 PM   #17
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Wheel/tire pics

I have the Flat Out Engineering cross member that uses C3 Corvette components. It uses rotors & calipers that require at least 16" wheels. Because there are so few tire sizes available for 16's I bought used 17" original Boyd Smoothie 1's found on OfferUp. I THOUGHT they were a great price. They were not in my area so a nephew got them for me. Cheap to buy but turned out 3 of them needed minor straightening and one had a portion of the inside bead missing.

I had them pro repaired, balanced & polished which ended up costing nearly as much as new (if new were still available!)

Running 235/55 tires all around. I don't like big diameter wheels/low profile tire sidewalls on vintage vehicles. I'd be using my 15" Torq Thrusts if they'd fit but they will not in front. I had a Ford 8.8 limited slip, disc brake differential re-drilled to the Chevy 5x4.75 lug pattern in the rear and it was flipped on top of a full stack of stock leaves.
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote