View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #9
1tonwannabe

Re: 1972 GMC duramax build

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Is the engine and allison going to fit the engine compartment and tunnel or is there going to be heavy mods??
The cab is going to sit about 4" above the frame because of the way the frame kicks up in the rear. So there is no modification needed to the cab at all. Originally I was going to put a 8 ft. bed on the truck, and I didn't want to cut up the floor of the bed too much. That's why I raised the cab up. A factory 2500hd truck shows quit a bit of the frame anyway. So the 72 cab will show about the same amount of frame under it too. I'll post more pics later. I'm pretty far along. I started a thread on this site like 8 or 9 years ago, but photobucket started charging money, and my photos got removed. Now I'm just starting a new thread. I figure I'd just post pics of where I'm at, and if anyone has any questions I can take more detailed pics for them. My plan now is to have a 1972 GMC Sierra Grand dually flatbed. I have what I think is some cool plans for the flatbed. The 2500hd frame is the same frame as the one ton. I just bought a dually 14 bolt. The rearend for the newer trucks are different if you have a dually or single rear wheel. The hubs are different so the dually needs longer axles.
1tonwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote