View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 01:26 AM   #9
Willowrun

Re: 33's with this lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Looks like your tires are low on pressure

I agree, she's saaa-weet! Why do we sell these things? I miss my ragtop '85 diesel Jimmy. I miss my '90 Blazer I bought new and ran for 18 years, still running great. On that one I got bummed out after sending money to STC (remember them?) for a soft top that never happened. Excuses on delay were vendors holding up components. It wasn't until the recording the number was no longer in service that I realized they took my money and ran. Shipment on components was likely held till STC caught up on their standing balance. My last call was to see what was up with my refund I had requested.

That '90 had 33/12.50s on 10" turbines. I took it to the spring shop and had them bring the front end up and inch or two by re-arching and adding a lift. No more than 2" lift only on front to level it up. I never twisted that one up, it was my ex-wife's daily driver. They'd rub up front in a twist but never snagged the Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender flares. 8" wheels would have done the trick
Yes, low pressure. I run about 12 psi in the front and 8-10 in the rear at the dunes. Most of my junk will get around fine at those pressures.

I wasn't really looking to sell this Blazer but I had a guy that wanted it more than I did so off it went. I like to find old survivors and bring them to life so I usually sell the shiny ones after a few years. My family isn't typically impressed with such antics.

I remember your tan K5 for sure. It was a nice ride! STC was the soft top to have back then for sure. I can relate though as I've sold vehicles for reasons such as your soft top experience. Sometimes you've just had enough and it's time to go!

OP, let us know how the lift goes.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote